Skip to main content
  1. Home /
  2. How We Process your Data /
  3. Subject Access Requests

Subject Access Requests

What are "Subject Access Requests"?

Requests to see records and other related information about yourself are known as 'Subject Access Requests'. You have a right to get a copy of the information that is held about you.

Who can request this information?

  • The named individual
  • Personal representative e.g Power of Attorney
  • Parent/Legal Guardian

How to make a request?

Complete the Subject Access Request Form and send it to the Information Governance Team by email at or you can contact the service you were seen by directly and they will put you in contact with the Information Governance Officer.

THGPCG must provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, a ‘reasonable fee’ may be levied when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. The fee must be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.

We will need to verify your identity – guidance about this is given in our Subject Access Request Form which you may wish to use to make your application.

Individual Rights

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides the following rights for individuals:

  • Right to be informed
  • Right of access
  • Right of rectification
  • Right of erasure
  • Right to restrict processing
  • Right to object

Find out more about your Individual Rights here: Your data matters

If you do not want your personal data used for Planning and Research purposes, please see further information here regards to the National Data opt-out.