We are delighted to welcome the Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) team to the GP Care Group from 1 April 2019. The (FNP) service improves the life chances of first-time young parents and their children by breaking the cycle of disadvantage.
This development supports our plans to provide an integrated and effective 0-19 service delivered in partnership with local stakeholders.
The FNP offers important benefits, including the following.
- Helps to identify and manage safeguarding issues quickly and effectively
- Supports mothers to build self-efficacy, helping them to get back into education, employment or training
- Improves child health and development (e.g. school readiness)
- Addresses the six early years high impact areas - transition to parenthood, maternal mental health, breastfeeding, healthy birthweight and nutrition, managing minor illness and reducing accidents, and supporting child development
- Delivers the Healthy Child Programme to first-time teenage mothers
- Helps young parents to access and engage with other local services
- Helps to save money in the long-term by addressing young parents' needs early.
Find out more about the service on our FNP page.