The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) and NHS England have updated advice for you to know whether your child should have the vaccine, common side effects, how to book an appointment, and much more.
Children at serious risk from complications from COVID-19 include those:
- with severe neurodisabilities
- whose immune systems don’t work as well (immunosuppression)
- with profound and multiple or severe learning disabilities (including Down’s syndrome)
- on the learning disability register
- with long term serious conditions affecting their health.
If you’re child fits in any of those groups and they are aged 6 months to 11 years, they should have the COVID-19 vaccination.
Please share this updated guidance with friends and family who have children who may be affected.
View the guidance