What do Hub appointments cover?
Situations and health issues which Hub appointments do NOT cover. Please note that Hub appointments are not available for the following:
1. The Hub GPs and Advanced Nurse Practitioners are expected to provide the usual scope of service except for the exclusions below:
HUB EXCLUSION criteria:
- Patients with long term, chronic and enduring health problems
- Routine reviews for long terms conditions (these should be booked with a nurse)
- Palliative care patients with advance care planning needs
- Patients registered with Safe Haven service
- Patients with serious mental health issues or who require continuity of care
- Patients seeking pharmaceutical assistance for substance or alcohol misuse (No Opiates Subscribing)
- Conditions likely to require MRIs being ordered
- Minor Surgery
- Private Medicals & Home Visits
- Long term/chronic medical/fit certificates
- All non-core NHS letters (e.g. housing benefits)
- Any non-core NHS services (e.g. travel immunisation and medicals)
- Private and Routine non-urgent NHS referrals (Recommended Referrals will be made to practice. Referral must be appropriately signed off by patient's registered GP).
To reduce clinical risk, all appointments booked must be accompanied by a clinical triage
We would like to request all practice colleagues NOT to book a blood test appt in the HCA and Nurses appt slots.
2. Hub Nurse appt can be booked for the following;
- Contraception Initiation
- Contraception follow up
- Sexual Health Checks
- Cervical Smears
- Wound Care – Burns, Scalds
- Asthma Review
3. Hub HCA appt can be booked for the following;
- Sexual Health Screening Blood Tests CVD Review (30 min appointment)
- Diabetes Part 1 (30 min appointment) Metrix includes blood tests, foot check, BP, height, and weight
- New Patient Health Checks (30 min appointment)
- NHS Health Checks (30 min appointment)
- Blood Pressure Checks (15 mins)
Who uses this service?
From April 2020- March 2021, we offered more than 21,000 GP, Nurses, and HCA appointments to patients in Tower Hamlets. We mainly offered face-to-face appointments but during the pandemic, we offered telephone triage and home visit home appointments as well.
The Extended Hours Hub service is utilised by all age patients, but the average patient age is 31.7 years in Tower Hamlets.
Hub locations and hours
A Tower Hamlets GP Hub service for young people aged 11-19.
Langdon Park, 30 Hay Currie St, London E14 6GN
The Hubs are available between 6.30pm-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturday
To visit the Health Spot page click here.
Read our news story about Health Spot here.
Strouts Place Hub
Strouts Place Medical Centre
3 Strouts Place
Goodmans Field Health Centre Hub
11 Stable Walk,
London E1 8ZF
Harley Grove Hub
Harley Grove Medical Centre
15 Harley Grove
Gough Walk Hub
Gough Walk Practice
21 Newby Place
Cable Street Health Centre Hub
445 Cable St
Suttons Wharf Hub
26 Palmers Rd
St Stephens Hub
Bow Community Hall
William Pl, Bow
Information for General Practices
Booking an appointment at a hub
Locality hubs provide GP, Nurses , and HCA appointments for urgent or routine primary care services.
Hub appointments can be booked by:
a patient's Tower Hamlets GP Practice and NHS 111 Services.
- When booking an appointment, it is essential that you include:
- a patient's NHS number
- as much information as possible to indicate why the patient is attending the appointment.
Appointments for weekdays
- These are booked up to 48 hours in advance.
Appointments for weekends
- These are booked up to 7 days in advance with the exception to busier hubs where appointments are often embargoed for up two to four days.
Length of appointments:
- GP appointments are 15 minutes
- Nurse appointments are 15 minutes
- HCA Appointments are 15 minutes
WALK-INs not accepted
Patients will NOT be seen if they walk-in to a Hub.
Patients must be booked via either their registered GP practice or the NHS111 Service
Please be advised that all six Hubs operate using the same EMIS (EMIS Web Community Version). Therefore, the hub clinicians will have access to Tower Hamlets GP practice registered patient medical notes.