Before you start
You can register for yourself or on behalf of a dependant in your care. Registering takes around 15 minutes.
We'll ask questions about:
- your name and address
- the name and address of the GP practice you're currently registered with, if you have one
- your NHS number, if you know it
- the name and address of an emergency contact
- the name and address of your carer, if you have one
- your medical history
- any allergies you may have
- any medication you may be taking
- your general health
- a way to contact you such as a phone number or email address
You'll need to complete your application in one session, so please have these details to hand before you start.
Other ways to register
You can also register with a GP practice by visiting them in person and completing a GMS1 and other registration forms. However, because of the coronavirus illness, do not visit a GP practice to register in person. Call the practice first for instructions.
How to register with a GP practice